Palliser Regional Schools operates several outreach schools that provide support for online learning in three communities: Vulcan, Picture Butte and Coaldale. Our Outreaches are alternative schools that meets a variety of educational needs for students who don’t find these needs being met in a traditional school setting. We welcome a wide range of students, each working to meet specific needs and goals through a variety of courses.
Our mission at our Outreaches
- continuously build centres of online learning and teaching excellence.
- provide outstanding opportunities for Alberta students.
- engage students online in their learning both asynchronously and synchronously with their peers and teachers so they demonstrate a deep understanding of Alberta curriculum and global digital citizenship.
- to offer a complete Alberta curriculum so students can complete an Alberta diploma fully online.
Palliser Beyond Borders oversees four outreach school sites, conveniently located in the communities of Coaldale, Picture Butte, Vulcan and Calgary.
Palliser Beyond Borders at Coaldale (formerly PASS+)
1915 20 Street
Administrative Assistant: Kourtney Skipworth
Palliser Beyond Borders at Vulcan Outreach
102B 1st Street South
Vulcan, AB T0L 0B0
Administrative Assistant: Elvira Pagsanghan
Student dress code for Outreach sites
- At Palliser Beyond Borders, we believe in wearing clothing and accessories that are clean, neat and modest and do not include profane gestures, racism, sexism, violence, inappropriate language or advertising of alcohol or illegal substances.
- We believe in wearing clothing that covers undergarments at all times and is not transparent or tight-fitting.
- We wear clothing that covers the midriff/body as appropriate for a junior/senior high school setting.
- In Physical Education classes or school-sponsored sporting/extra-curricular events, students will have a change of clothes appropriate for the activities involved. All regulations involving appropriate coverage will apply to athletic attire.
Attendance Policy is outlined here.
Celebrating our outreach students