Social Studies Courses and Learning Outcomes
- 10-1 Perspectives on Globalization
- 10-2 Living in a Globalizing World
Grade 10 explores multiple perspectives on the origins of globalization and the local, national and international impacts of globalization on identity, lands, cultures, economies, human rights and quality of life.
- 20-1 Perspectives on Nationalism
- 20-2 Understandings of Nationalism
Grade 11 explores the complexities of nationalism in Canadian and international contexts and includes study of the origins of nationalism and the influence of nationalism on regional, international and global relations.
- 30-1 Perspectives on Ideology
- 30-2 Understandings of Ideologies
Grade 12 explores the origins and complexities of ideologies. Students will investigate, analyze and evaluate government policies and actions and develop individual and collective responses to contemporary local, national and global issues.