What are Technology and Licensing fees for?
We try very hard to keep our resources to open education resources that do not require third party providers and licensing. Our teachers provide the bulk of our course instructional materials. There are some tools we require to maintain the excellent teaching and learning community we provide for students:
- moodle plug ins for student tracking and completion, and hosting services
- Blackboard licensing for live instruction
- Respondus browser lockdown for exam invigilation
- Unplag.com anti plagiarism software
- course licensing for web parts that require interactive flash, and interactive, video lessons
digital text books for which we can not source open education resources. We try to develop course that do not rely on licensed text books. We have however some language courses that require the e-text because we can source interactive web tools through the digital license to ensure we are addressing learning outcomes
Fees for Canadian students enrolling for online courses at Palliser Beyond Borders are below, and depend upon factors including student’s age, residency, and whether the student is already attending another school in Palliser Regional Schools. Please read the descriptions below to identify your student category.