Live instruction in Blackboard Collaborate and our Online Study Hall
Research and our student completion data tell us that students’ level of achievement and completion rates are dramatically improved when they participate weekly in live instructional sessions with their teachers. This keeps student focussed on “attending to their learning.” Registration in an online course requires that students work on their moodle courses which are available 24/7 to students. In addition students are required to attend a weekly check in with each subject teacher. In the live checkins teachers will provide focus for the week, instruction on key skills and respond to specific questions about course material. Students are asked to:
- attend one of these blocks per week
- communicate with their subject teacher if your timetable does not permit attendance at one of these sessions
- continue to contact teachers and book appointments if you need additional support during teacher open office hour schedules posted on teacher e-teacher pages and in your courses.
A note from @PalliserBB principal, Alison Hancox:
- We are learning more about your needs and times you are available to access our instruction. We are building our timetable to match your needs and requests.
- We always have teachers in our drop in room from noon - 3pm
- When we have a cohort of students from one of our Palliser schools in one subject area we endeavour to timetable so the group receives instruction either face to face at an Outreach or online. If you are a student who is part of a cohort and want to coordinate with your teacher to arrange this please speak to your subject teacher. If you are a principal at a Palliser School we will work with you to timetable to meet your students' needs. Please see under the synchronous colum the classes that are timetable already. you can coordinate with your teacher how to join, if you aren't already timetabled at your primary school. You can always meet your teacher at one of the drop in times.