Palliser Beyond Borders welcomes all Canadian students who want to receive a quality education in a safe, caring, and secure online learning environment. The success of online learning is well documented, offering families and students greater flexibility than traditional brick and mortar schools. The online learning opportunities at Palliser Beyond Borders can reach the individual needs of students in other school districts, communities, and Canadian provinces.
Who can register online?
Students who can register online and are school aged (under 20 years of age as of September 1 of the current school year) and fall under one of four categories:
- Current Palliser student: Currently attends a school within Palliser Regional Schools
- Outreach students: who attend one of our three Outreach sites in Vulcan, Picture Butte or Coaldale
- Alberta resident: Students who do not attend a Palliser school, but are a resident of Alberta
- Canadian resident: Students who are not residents of Alberta, but reside in Canada
In addition, Palliser Beyond Borders can register:
- overage Alberta students: Students who are 20 years of age or older as of September 1 of the current school year and Alberta residents
At Palliser Regional Schools, we believe in supporting the learning success of all students by expanding learning choices and offering personalized learning for students. Our online courses can be accessed 24/7 and are developed to help students become caring citizens in a changing world. Our courses are delivered by caring, qualified teachers within secure password protected areas to ensure a safe online experience.
Whether you want to enrol for a few additional credit courses not offered by your local school, or take on a full course load, our vibrant online learning community supports each student’s academic success. Students at Palliser Beyond Borders learn asynchronously and synchronously with their peers and teachers in order to demonstrate a deep understanding of Alberta curriculum and global digital citizenship.