Alison Hancox, Principal, Palliser Beyond Borders
Alison has been Principal at Palliser Beyond Borders since 2013.
- Principal of 5 schools in Palliser and founding principal of Palliser's online learning program and school.
- Has led the implementation of Palliser Beyond Borders and its growth from 27 students to over 700 students across Palliser. Recognised for improving completion rates to 97% in the last year.
- Recipient of The Learning Partnership 2017 Outstanding Principal of the year – recognized for opening 2 new schools in Alberta and increasing completion rates from 65% to 97% over a three year period. February 2017
- Alberta Distinguished School Leadership Award - recognized for leading innovative change for 21st century learning, 2013
- University of Southern Queensland Faculty of Education Alumnus of the Year Award - recognized leadership and innovation in education, 2011
- Edmonton Public Schools’ An Act to Follow Award – recognizing instructional leadership as part of a team of 19 high school teachers which increased high school completion rates from 63% to 92 % over a 3 year period. 2009.
- Prime Minister’s Award for Teaching Excellence, 2008.
- Elluminate Centre of Excellence Award for Instructional Excellence, 2008
- Alberta Excellence in Teaching and Smarter Kids foundation for Innovative Use of Technology, 2007
- Reader’s Digest of Canada - Co-recipient of an award for leadership in education, 1996.
- University of Toronto - Faculty of Education Arnolds Balins Award for academic excellence and leadership in education, 1990.