The Palliser Homestay Program offers international students a caring home environment while they’re in Canada studying at one of the Palliser Regional Schools. The support of a homestay host family adds to an engaging learning experience and a rich cultural immersion, making memories that will last a lifetime. We make every effort to carefully match individual students with caring, competent and involved families, in an effort to enhance a great learning experience.
Some homestay families are two parent families with children, some have no children, and some are single parent families. If your family enjoys meeting people from other cultures and being involved in recreational and community activities this may be an opportunity to gain new insights and build meaningful friendships.
All Palliser homestay host families:
- are fully screened to determine suitability
- have completed a Homestay Family Inspection
- have submitted to a reference check
- have submitted current Criminal Records Check (a police information check of each adult aged 16 or older, residing in the home)
- are eager to receive an international student into their home
Our staff make every effort to place students in families that are currently connected to the school where the student will be studying. For information on how to become a homestay host family, please contact us.